I’ve been a lot of places, so people always ask me, “what’s your favorite place to travel?”
5faves.com is my place to answer.
5faves.com is also your place to answer.
- I only start topics.
- You can add your own favorites.
- You can comment on my favorites (or other people’s).
- I hope you will tell me your five favorite things. Sign up for my newsletter (coming soon); follow me on Twitter,
I’m keeping it simple. Pick a travel-related topic, and list my five favorites. Sometimes it might just be a list, other times I might choose to write more about a specific place, trip, or experience.
Who am I? I’m Randall Shirley, and I’ve been traveling almost since the day I was born…that’s what happens when you’re a Sagittarius. My first airplane trip happened when I was 4-days-old–from Boston, Mass., to Idaho Falls, Idaho. I grew up on a potato farm in Rexburg, Idaho, a place most people don’t stray far away from.
I’ve strayed. My parents let me go to Europe at age 16 with my high school French teacher and a group of other students, and I’ve hardly touched the ground ever since. So I’ve got a lot of faves. Way more than 5. Lots of favorite trips, favorite vacations, favorite beaches, favorite restaurants, favorite countries.
I’ve been editing and writing for magazines, newspapers, and blogs for many years. I also do TV and radio appearances as a gay travel expert, a cruise travel expert, and a theatre travel expert.
Immediate-past President BC Chapter of TMAC: the Travel Media Association of Canada
- Travel Editor of Outlooks, Canada’s GLBT national magazine
- Site Editor: MeetMeOnBoard.com: where gay cruise travelers connect
- Performing Arts columnist for TravelSquire.com
- Contributor: WestJet Up!, The Calgary Herald, TravelSquire.com, Canadian Tourism Commission, The Boston Globe, others.
- Resident Globetrotter: Shaw TV Studio 4, Vancouver, monthly appearances